Friday, November 21, 2008

Two thumbs up

Last night Steven and I watched this...
and I cried...a lot. It's such a sweet story about a little boy whose brain simply isn't wired like everyone elses (he thinks he is from Mars)...which is perfectly ok with his new adoptive father. Working with the kiddos I work with, stories like this always get to me. One quote (which I will paraphrase) that I loved was when the father said something about how he wasn't sure he wanted to bring a child into this world, but who can argue with loving one that is already here. That's a sweet statement, especially for someone in the process of adopting a troubled 8 year old. I recommend Martian Child, but be prepared to tear up.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Kayla, we paid $60 for the game and 1 guitar. It would be nice to have 2 though, so I would recommend buying the 2 pack. I see good deals on this all the time on slickdeals.net. You just have watch a lot and act quick when you see it come up. The deals are mostly through Amazon, which ships for free, or Toys R Us. I'll keep my eye out.

merrilykaroly said...

I'm always glad to hear a new movie recommended! Maybe we'll watch it.

I found your blog on Facebook... hope you don't mind :)